Cancer Patients Europe (CPE) is a pan-European and pan-cancer type association. It was established to overcome the lack of such an organisation across Europe with a balanced representation of cancer patients from all European countries, to bridge the European and national dimensions with the vision to reduce the burden of cancer on patients, survivors, their carers, the health care systems, and society as a whole.
CPE is recruiting an HR Officer based in Brussels, who will work full-time and hybrid, in close cooperation with the CPE CEO and Secretariat. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to CPE’s development.
- Processing of employee data throughout the employee life cycle (employment contracts, amendments) and liaising with the Secretariat Social.
- Monthly payroll preparation, using the Secretariat Social payroll platform, and making salary payments (SD Worx)
- Management of extra-legal benefits (Sodexo meal vouchers and eco-vouchers etc)
- Filling the accounting documents received from the Secretariat Social payroll platform
- Perform any other administrative duties linked to the employee database (onboarding, offboarding, promotions, resignations, etc.)
- Address employees’ basic queries about various topics (number of vacation days, public holidays, educational leave, etc.)
- Management of staff timesheets, in relation to time allocation to different projects
- Coordinate recruitment: publish ads, screen incoming resumés, schedule job interviews, and contact candidates as needed.
- Liaison with external prevention, safety, and health bodies
- Liaison with an insurance broker for hospitalisation and pension plan insurance
- Assist with performance management procedures.
The above is not an exhaustive list of all duties.
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related (essential)
- Basic Knowledge of the Belgian labour legislation is a strong asset (especially for non-profit sector)
- Familiarity with HR information systems
- Ability to plan the workload and estimate timelines accurately, and to meet tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of the relevant Belgian law on associations (Code des sociétés et des associations, 23/03/19);
- Meticulous attention to detail, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Operate with high integrity.
Willingness to continuous learning Teamwork
- Proactive approach, collegiality, readiness to assist in various tasks, sociable mature personality, and ability to relate to peers and high-level officials;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments;
- Willingness and availability to work remotely, and to undertake business travel as necessary;
- Ability to work in an international and multilingual environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English (English fluency is mandatory) and attention to detail and numeracy;
- B2/C1 level minimum in French; the Dutch language will be an asset
- Previous experience in the non-profit sector is an asset;
- Experience in European-funded projects is desirable;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools or similar is essential;
- Relevant prior professional experience in a similar position is desirable;
- Experience in preparing documents, such as reports and graphs, and creating and using visual tools.
What we offer
This is a full-time internship of 1-year under the framework of Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle. This internship agreement is ideally set to lead to a full-time permanent contract depending on a professional assessment at the end of the internship.
Own initiative, creativity, and energy are strongly encouraged.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter of one page maximum, in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 March 2024.
The cover letter should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference experience and skills and how the profile matches the job requirements described above.
Please also include with the application the names and contact details of two people who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for an interview.
All applications received will be considered and treated with the utmost confidentiality.
To be agreed.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.